Rental & Pet Pre Qualifications
RENTAL & PET QUALIFICATIONS ACKNOWLEDGMENT
A signed rental application must be submitted and processed on all prospective occupants 18 years of age or older. A $40 non-refundable application fee must be paid for each applicant leasing for 31 days or more. All prospective occupants will be considered on the following criteria: 1) income/ employment, 2) credit history, 3) rental history and 4) criminal history.
The applicants’ combined gross monthly income must be three times the amount of the monthly rent. If the applicants do not meet such criteria, the applicants must provide documentation of other supplemental income (e.g., savings, stocks/bonds, social security income, trust fund income, educational grants, tax return, 1099 miscellaneous, employment letter, etc.).
- Each applicant must be able to show current employment or other verifiable income for a minimum of one year.
- Income may be verified by the applicant’s employer, trust officer, tax returns or other satisfactory documentation.
- Each applicant should be able to show monthly income of 1 1⁄2 times the monthly rent. If any of the applicants do not meet such criteria, at least one of the applicants must earn three times the monthly rent.
Rental history will be verified for each applicant.
- Must have a minimum of 12 months of verifiable rental or residence history.
- May not have more than two late payments in a 12-month period.
- May not have more than one insufficient funds (NSF) check in a 12-month period.
- May not have non-compliance issues that resulted in non-renewal or eviction.
A credit report will be processed on each applicant.
- Each applicant must have at least 75% positive credit.
- No credit history will be counted as positive credit.
- An applicant who filed for bankruptcy will be considered if the applicant’s bankruptcy discharge was more than six months ago.
- If an applicant’s credit is below 75% positive, the applicant will be required to have a co-signer.
- Medical, dental and student loans will not necessarily preclude an applicant from being approved.
APPLICANTS WILL BE DENIED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Prior or pending eviction.
- Foreclosure within the past three years with an unresolved judgment.
- Monies owed to an apartment community or landlord.
- Bankruptcy discharge in the last six months or pending bankruptcy.
- Felony conviction of any crime within the past ten years.
- Misdemeanor conviction within the past ten years involving weapons, children, gangs, prostitution, drugs or violence.
- Juvenile misdemeanor conviction within the past ten years that would have been a felony had the juvenile been an adult.
- Registered sex offender.
- Falsifying information on application.
If an applicant fails to meet any of the above criteria, the applicant may be asked to pay an additional security deposit up to 1 1⁄2 times the monthly rent or given the option of obtaining a co-signer (who must also meet the above criteria). If an applicant fails to meet two of the above criteria, the applicant will be required to pay 1 1⁄2 times the monthly rent as a security deposit AND have a co-signer.
Equal Opportunity Housing: AZ Prime Property Management does not and will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or sexual orientation.
PET QUALIFICATION RULES:
- All pet(s) must be approved by the Owner.
- Large breeds are classified as dogs weighing over 30 lbs. Small breeds are classified as dogs weighing 30 lbs. and under.
- Large breeds must be over 5 years of age.
- Small breeds must be over 2 years of age.
If the occupant has a certain dog breed, the occupant must carry an extra liability policy throughout the duration of the Lease Agreement, naming the Owner and AZ Prime Property Management as added insured parties. Such breeds include, but are not limited to, Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans and Chows.
The above pet criteria do not apply to assistive animals.
The occupant shall ensure that all pet(s) are well behaved and shall not allow the pet(s) to disturb any other residents or neighbors. The occupant shall ensure that the pet(s) cause no damage to the Premises. The occupant shall only walk the pet(s) on a leash and only in areas so designated by the Owner and the homeowner’s association. The occupant is responsible for any and all damage caused by the pet(s) to the Premises or the community. The occupant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and AZ Prime Property Management for, from and against any and all claims arising out of the pet(s)’ behavior. The occupant represents and warrants that the pet(s) will be licensed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Owner and AZ Prime Property Management reserve the right to require the occupant to immediately remove the pet(s) at any time upon any violation of these rules.